
That's brownies with New Zealand Naturals Chocolate Ecstasy from Essential Brew. Went there on Vesak Day with Yiwen and Vaish. I think it looks better than it tastes haha but still not bad lah. Plus the ambience and other food were quite nice.
Then on Friday went to Seasons Reasons with my mum. Lol, it's tucked away in a corner at the Raffles City basement. The decor was quite weird.. kept reminding me of a wedding, and the waiter was strange.. But other than that the food was quite nice! The Spicy Spaghetti Goreng turned out pretty alright for fusion, although I found out I can't stand basil leaves or whatever those overpowering green bits were. Well, slight dent on an otherwise good meal, and not to mention there was a 1 for 1 main course promotion for UOB cards heh.
And finally, went out with part of the brudderhood to catch Indiana Jones! Whee, with Made of Honour last week as well, this 1 movie a week thing might just work out, now there's about 2 more to go! Well, the movie wasn't too bad, some parts could be better elaborated on but oh well, the focus of going out yesterday was that we finally met up again. Right, so it was only Jeremy, Dali, Willy and I. Nonetheless it was nice to see each other again and with the government giving us an allowance, we being good citizens duly put it back into the economy by spending on.... food!
Yea, it was the first time in recent memory that I recall spending more than 5.90 on food with them heh. Guess times have changed haha! So we went to Changing Appetites at Marina Square. Their value set of baby back ribs fajitas, a soup and a drink was pretty good.. And may I say very filling too. But unfortunately they do have some bad stuff like, as Jeremy points out, Cheese the Chicken lol. Oh and we had mudpies for dessert too!

Then on Friday went to Seasons Reasons with my mum. Lol, it's tucked away in a corner at the Raffles City basement. The decor was quite weird.. kept reminding me of a wedding, and the waiter was strange.. But other than that the food was quite nice! The Spicy Spaghetti Goreng turned out pretty alright for fusion, although I found out I can't stand basil leaves or whatever those overpowering green bits were. Well, slight dent on an otherwise good meal, and not to mention there was a 1 for 1 main course promotion for UOB cards heh.
And finally, went out with part of the brudderhood to catch Indiana Jones! Whee, with Made of Honour last week as well, this 1 movie a week thing might just work out, now there's about 2 more to go! Well, the movie wasn't too bad, some parts could be better elaborated on but oh well, the focus of going out yesterday was that we finally met up again. Right, so it was only Jeremy, Dali, Willy and I. Nonetheless it was nice to see each other again and with the government giving us an allowance, we being good citizens duly put it back into the economy by spending on.... food!
Yea, it was the first time in recent memory that I recall spending more than 5.90 on food with them heh. Guess times have changed haha! So we went to Changing Appetites at Marina Square. Their value set of baby back ribs fajitas, a soup and a drink was pretty good.. And may I say very filling too. But unfortunately they do have some bad stuff like, as Jeremy points out, Cheese the Chicken lol. Oh and we had mudpies for dessert too!

This one tastes better than in looks no thanks to the overexposure.. (Sorry, I'm still new at this!) That said it reminded me more of a McFlurry than anything else though =/ And someone please tell me why on earth is it called a mudpie??
After dinner we went to explore the river lol. From Marina Square all the way to Clarke Quay. We were supposed to go catch River Fools but unfortunately, and I apologise, the show was at 8(We reached at 9<>.<>)
And so after a long and pretty eventful week... I'm still not ready to go back to camp. Haiz. I'm sorry, even after all I've heard and all I've thought through, I just can't get it off my mind. I can't convince myself that it's fine. Even if it might get better. Even if I might be out of there in 4 weeks. Because mights aren't will, and in the army, you aren't booking out until you've stepped out of camp.
As much as I can try, the army's really not my thing. I can try to live with it, but I don't think I can grow to like it. Especially in terms of regimentation and their definition of discipline. It's not that I'm a rebellious soul and I can't take rules, it's just that I don't like my freedom of movement and freedom of expression in particular to be compromised. Perhaps I was treated too well in my previous place, but there we learnt that that was how we should be treated. In line with the ideas of Thinking Soldier and Commanders to be. And I can't help but agree. Hasn't it been shown in history that the best results come with cooperation instead of submission? I really hope that the first day was just a shock and awe. To maybe shake us up a bit. In my opinion it's ridiculous that we come so far for this. We just got promoted, not demoted.
I really hope I'll find the strength to get through this.. not miserably but happily.
After dinner we went to explore the river lol. From Marina Square all the way to Clarke Quay. We were supposed to go catch River Fools but unfortunately, and I apologise, the show was at 8(We reached at 9<>.<>)
And so after a long and pretty eventful week... I'm still not ready to go back to camp. Haiz. I'm sorry, even after all I've heard and all I've thought through, I just can't get it off my mind. I can't convince myself that it's fine. Even if it might get better. Even if I might be out of there in 4 weeks. Because mights aren't will, and in the army, you aren't booking out until you've stepped out of camp.
As much as I can try, the army's really not my thing. I can try to live with it, but I don't think I can grow to like it. Especially in terms of regimentation and their definition of discipline. It's not that I'm a rebellious soul and I can't take rules, it's just that I don't like my freedom of movement and freedom of expression in particular to be compromised. Perhaps I was treated too well in my previous place, but there we learnt that that was how we should be treated. In line with the ideas of Thinking Soldier and Commanders to be. And I can't help but agree. Hasn't it been shown in history that the best results come with cooperation instead of submission? I really hope that the first day was just a shock and awe. To maybe shake us up a bit. In my opinion it's ridiculous that we come so far for this. We just got promoted, not demoted.
I really hope I'll find the strength to get through this.. not miserably but happily.

<< Home