Ahhhh Delta!!!
I still remember the night before enlistment I was telling yiwen that I don't care where I go to as long as it's not Mohawk or Ninja. 11 weeks later, I decided not to tell anyone, later suay again.. So I just thought to myself at Ngee Ann City during class outing that I couldn't possibly end up in Delta after Ninja.
Lo and behold. Shit happens. Twice.
Oh well, now I shall tell the world then. After all this shit, I'd better not end up as a Recce, Scout, Infantry or Guardsman. Hmph.
But 1 week into SISPEC, life's been pretty great(much better than recruit, though that's going to change fast) though I was sleepy everyday cause I couldn't sleep on Sunday night cause I was too excited already haha. Now I've kinda given up on this posting crap already. So be it if I'm posted to Infantry and have to go chiong suah every now and then.. (I still don't want to be a Recce or Scout though). As the serenity prayer goes, "...Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference", I've decided to try my best to instead do my best for this course and leave the rest to the people up there to see if they still hate me.
Haha, it's really very different to be training to be a commander as compared to being a man. The treatment you get, the expectations and such are all quite different and I've actually been sort of motivated to just chiong through this and at least "excel in my field" as our specialist's creed goes. Hopefully, a miracle can happen and I'll cross over. If not, well then, I'd be equipped with the skills to train my men, motivate them and do for them what our sergeants did for us. For all the shit that the men get, if one day the button is pressed, I really don't want anyone to die..

<< Home