Saturday, April 05, 2008
More not so random musings

Yay, booking out on a Friday totally rocks. Suddenly you have a real weekend to look forward to and it proved to be not too bad with a class outing today. Fine, so only yiwen, miki, richard, woo han, nandita and angie went in the end, but still not too bad a turn out in my opinion. Plus the food at Popeye's was quite nice too, especially the cajun fries which reminds me of A&W. I also finally tried TCC for the first time and eh.. the mocha villa not bad lah, but a bit too ex liao, especially since my allowance so sad..

Anyway as usual with all outings with a group of guys in recent history, there's always talk about NS and today wasn't too different and once again it got me thinking again. Lol, I just can't help it, this whole NS thing is taking up the next 1 year 6 months and 4 days of my life, so adopting and maintaining the right attitude towards this thing that will make it that much more pleasant is quite important.

Haha, so the more I think about it, the more I realise that what really bugs me the most is the lack of freedom and lack of contact with the outside world. So far the last 2 weeks have been pretty good with the free time that allowed me the chance to strike a rather decent balance between civi and military life, but now that the weekend is ending and I'm looking at a looong stretch with tonnes of burnt weekends... I feel kinda sian again. Sigh, must work doubly hard to maintain that fragile balance and keep my morale up. Lol, must get more sleep too. The lack of sleep takes a greater toll on my happiness level more than almost anything else sadly<>.<>That said, I think I shall start working on it now.. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. Still got that presentation to prepare!!