Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Chek Jawa

But before that, how could I forget about the great sushi buffet experience we had yesterday! Ah, my first time leh.. lol. Not too bad lah, went to Suki Sushi at Cine with Willy, Wen Hao, Miki, Sun Lu, Cherie and Yiwen.. The rest all decided they didn't like sushi or were vegetarian or were broke or maybe preferred mugging more?!?!?!!!! So just nice one table. We ate for about 3 hours and I conclude that sashimi's quite nice (cept the tuna which is a little weird), the biggest and smallest appetite award both goes to the guys lol =s And yes, we're all a little fatter heavier now.

So yes, on to Chek Jawa today. Arranged to meet at Tanah Merah station first and I was 5 mins late though erm... I live er... you know where lah.. Paiseh.. But well, eventually we reached the jetty 1 hour later *cough**cough* lol X) and met willy and woo han there. Then we had brunch and took a bump boat there...



Saw some pyramids..



Realised that "Bald" is fashionable..



and Chek Jawa does look quite nice..



That waves could really sweep perpendicular to the shore like they claimed in geog...



And atap chee comes from this..



That "swaying in the wind"(or under the weight of people) is not just for trees...



After all this, I realise Ubin's quite a nice island, nice enough so that some colonial guy built a holiday house there back in the days. And yes, that is a chimney from a fireplace you see there. And yes, this is Singapore. =)



Yay, picture composition done. Now back to continuing a learning journey of my own!... that of understanding the world of superposition...<>.<>Argh.. looks like the sun didn't just get to my skin... =/