Saturday, July 07, 2007
07.07.07

It's one of those once in a millennium dates again, except that this type of dates has been occurring every year for the past 7 years and people are still rushing to get married on such dates. But, I'm getting out of point.

Feeling tired again as usual after being unable to pay off my sleep debt - went for the PSC talk as a guest this morning with Chin Heng. Pretty interesting lah, although I wonder how they choose ppl to invite for all these kind of things one.. So demoralising that the only one I got was some teaching one at the start of the year which the school don't allow us to go. Cause got H3 chem test. Bah. Shall piah and start getting more decent grades liao. After all, the can afford to mess up ones are all over and it's now down to the last stretch... Oh crap, this is sounding like the last chem lecture. Rawr.. whatever, must draw up a mugging plan soon and stick to it, I'm still in a very dreamy post CT mood where just don't feel like doing anything intensive.

Back to the PSC talk, turned out to be pretty useful in the end lah, cause scholarship details like requirements are all about the same one, but this time we got to find out a little bit more about the actual jobs that you do after you finish studying. As usual though, everyone was very interested in the bonds. But like what they say, at the end of the day, if you like your job, the bond shouldn't be an issue. And if you don't like the job in the first place, then doing it just for the sake of the scholarship does sound pretty er... dishonourable? Hmm..

Now finally on to the title of this post! The event I mentioned a few posts back is finally here! Live Earth! Ok, sorry, that's a little too many exclamation marks used consecutively.. =S But first, shall clarify what I wrote a few posts back about the event maybe doing more harm than good with all the CO2 emissions from the concerts. Turns out that they did think about that and apparently they've got a green plan which includes stuff like using electricity generated from renewable sources so as to minimise pollution. However, as whether the concerts will bring more benefits than harm cannot be accurately determined at this point in time and will probably always remain a normative statement, I shall be politically correct and not call on the issue! Yay~ GP and Econs practice whee..<>.<>

Fortunately, I'm still free to comment on the show! Along with CH 5's broadcast coverage of it. Caught about half an hour of the start and I can't say I'm not disappointed. The US concerts had yet to start and the feeds were mainly from Australia and Tokyo I think, with songs that were erm.. not exactly to my liking. But what really irked me is CH 5's coverage of it.

So they did try to do their part and show their support by changing the colour of their logo to green, which IMHO, reminded me of Shrek and radioactivity.. But it would seem that the advertisers were very interested in this cause as well, judging from the frequency of adverts slots which popped up every one to two songs or so.<>.<>

So since everyone is so supportive of this mega event, I decided to do my part too! Which thus explains the new logo design! XD Heh.. didn't know what else to write and didn't want to put a live earth copyright acknowledgment behind so decided to just have the nice date at the bottom instead. And to bring my support one step further from just going green literally, I shallcut down on my carbon emissions from electricity usage by having an early night! O=)

P/S Copyright acknowledgments: The image of the Earth found in the above mentioned logo is from Google Earth.