Friday, July 06, 2007
dIE

Read: die IE(Internet Explorer), lol.. Yes, I'm really bored. Well as it turns out, all went fine in the end and my com's still alive. But gmail's acting funny though, not sure where's the fault, and I still can't freaking update my IE! At least not without causing the stupid error when choosing to open instead of save files. Sigh..

Btw, common test is really detrimental to health lah.. One whole month you just mug or think about mugging.. lol.. kk, maybe not really that extreme, but basically never exercise lah. Now after one week of handball, swimming, badminton and floorball, my body's going on strike already.<>.<>Need to start whipping it in shape but just feel so lazy..

I also realise I'm being very random in my posts.. Just typing whatever's in my head at the moment. And in line with that, I've actually started to take a liking to Singapore songs. Lol.. Came across a number of them lately, ranging from Corrinne May's (which are available for streaming on her webpage btw =D) to the long lost Wah Lau! Gang. Haha, I don't even know who's in the latter, but they brought us songs like "You are my Ice Kachang~" along with others which poke fun at Singapore's fine-ness and the han yu pin yin movement. Oh and not forgetting the classic 城里的月亮、关怀方式、细水长流 。。。等 which have become kinda legendary in the Singapore music scene.

But anyway, there's just something about all these songs that just strikes a familiar cord, which gives that fuzzy feeling inside. Yes, that includes those NDP ones as well.. (including the latter *cough* ones too) lol. I mean, some of them don't sound that fantastic but they just have a very distinct Singapore flavour that's just, to borrow STB's new catchphrase, "Uniquely Singapore" lah. So unlike the other type which are very popular and not too bad, but lack that Singapore identity. In fact, those sound like every other Mando-pop songs which nowadays are basically all from Taiwan lorh.

I remember catching a bit of some show on CNA, dunno what it's about really, but they were talking about how in other countries, their local music is like part of their pop culture. But the Singapore music scene is more like Indie instead. Haiz..

Argh, I'm too tired to think properly, so shall just stop here then.<>.<>