Wednesday, July 04, 2007
BlogThis!

Hah! I'm so lazy I'm using blogging through the google toolbar. First time trying this so not sure how it'll turn out but I shall be optimistic. The same way I shall just view getting a PES A as a chance to become a MAN; as opposed to a man. Lol.. Ok, I'm crapping. Just had my NS Med Checkup today and currently I'm still pending but I got A for everything. And lo and behold, my BMI is 18.0 when rounded off to 3 s.f. as opposed to a 17.9 smth. Haha, so maybe NS will also be good for me on the scales too.

Hmm.. What else do I want to talk about. Ah yes, you know how there's been a lot on the terror threats in Britain lately? Well, it's amazing the way they respond. Heard that they got used to it since they were constantly facing such incidents during the days of the IRA, but still, what impresses me is their courage and selflessness. I'm referring to the incident where a guy rammed his flaming car into Heathrow Airport. He came out of his car and was immediately wrestled to the ground by passers-by.

I try imagining a similar situation in Changi, and all I can see is people running for their own lives. They talk about defending against acts of terror, social cohesion, vigilance. But for there is no "impregnable fortress", I really do wonder if we're ready to handle the slip-ups. Hah, but honestly, if I see everyone running, I think I'd do the same too. It'll really take someone special to go against the herd instinct and actually do the right thing.

Moving on to other parts of the region, one other thing makes me curious. Remember all the anti-Thaksin protesters who rallied in the streets for days on end to oust him? Now the streets are filled with Thaksin supporters/anti military dictatorship/pro-democracy activists. Where have all those who rallied for the fall of Thaksin gone?

And with all even slightly sensitive issues, I disclaim that the above is just a thought which struck me while watching CNA. So if you happen to be able to come after me, please don't. Drop me a line instead. Thank you.