Saturday, June 16, 2007
SGH - Art Club CIP: Quilling!

Hmm.. Imagine this scenario.

You see a sign which says "Please take one".
It's a small sign, about the size of a credit card or slightly bigger.
There's a small triangle at the bottom that looks something like this |>
Next to the card, in the direction that the triangle arrow points, there's a stack of papers.

What do you do?

Those who say take the card, slap yourselves please.

Rawr.. I'm not kidding, people actually tried taking the card. Sigh.. Yep, it happened during the SGH Art Fest. Ok lah, I admit the sign very nice, quite cute with the arrow made by quilling. But please, leave the sign alone! Argh, the first situation nearly blew my mind apart. They removed the sign already lah, it was only after I coincidentally had to take an infosheet from the stack that they realised the sign was referring to the stack of papers there...

Well, somehow the sign still mysteriously disappeared in the end...<>.<>So we made a new one. Calvin drew and I made the quilled arrow lol.. and this time I made sure to include a s scroll tail that looks like this "~" so that it looks more like an arrow in case er.. triangular arrows too abstract for them already. So together it basically looked like this ~|> Pity didn't take a picture though, it really looked quite nice heh.

But apparently our efforts were either not good enough or too good already. Someone was busy fiddling with the sign looking all curious about whether s/he (can't remember) could take it or not. Ok lah, I concede that at that point we ran out of infosheets there already but still.. Next time should add one more line: "Psst.. we don't mean this sign ;)"

And since I'm on the topic of the art fest, must, as usual, complain!! Rawr.. It's so unfair, both SGH and Tan Tock Seng were having art fest at the same time and somehow only the TTSH one got media exposure. Hmph.

Oh yes, and I also learnt many valuable lessons.
1. Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. But many people rather take the fish.
2. Groups of girls are better at approaching people than groups of guys. Fine, we too intimidating. Whatever. All you feminists out there, shuddup.
3. Kids attract kids. Once you have enough, they keep coming and you become a childcare centre.
4. 3 consecutive days of chicken rice is bad. Very bad.
5. I sure got a lot to say eh? Lol.

Well, the art week is over, and for those who're wondering wth is quilling, check out the infosheet here *Click*. Yea, I thank Yi Wen for the nice drawings which I koped and edited (some). P/S The strips of paper used for quilling are most preferably obtained by putting paper through a shredder. and yay, finally gotten a favicon for the blog!