Friday, June 15, 2007
Have a heart, donate blood!

Ok fine, so this year's official tag line for blood donor day is "Safe blood for safe motherhood", but I think that one's nicer. So yesterday was world blood donor day and since the bloodbank and red cross was so nice as to give a couple of movie premiums like very nice coupons for $5 tickets to Ocean's 13 and Legend of the Sea(which I most gladly used, no prizes for guessing which one I watched though lol.) I shall be nice and do some advertising!

Yesh, donating blood is good. It saves lives - up to 3 to be more precise. And it's not pain(though I fear the stupid needle) - probably less pain than NS med check up lorh(which I concede I haven't went for).

And for those who need more encouragement, here's another 4.
.
1. It's free.
.
2. You get nice refreshments after that, and no, they're not lousy biscuits, I think there was Oreo.
.
3. It'll temporarily make you about FIVE HUNDRED grams lighter in like 15 minutes, better than most weight-loss programmes out there. (No, you will not gain back more than your original weight once your blood has been replenished, any weight gain is probably due to over snacking on the refreshments, in which case, tsk.)
.
4. You get nice stuff on World Blood Donor Day. Yay!

So visit http://www.hsa.gov.sg/html/consumer/donorcare.html today!