Wednesday, September 03, 2008
The new colour of the internet?

You might have heard about youths going out to paint the town red, but now google looks set to leave it's mark on a market already dominated by microsoft and mozilla by painting it chrome. Yea, that's the name of google's new browser which has gone on beta release today since news of it's accidental disclosure of the project was reported yesterday.

The wisdom of launching a new browser in an already dominated market may be debatable, but for the end user, what's more of interest is how good it is. With it being advertised as being clean and fast, it remains to be seen just how much of a difference it makes.

For now though, it reminds me of a cross between firefox and internet explorer to me. Minimalistic to the extend of being rather sparse (probably why it's much less memory intensive) yet surprisingly functional, I'm still waiting to see why should I change to this new browser when I've already got IE and Firefox.


Try it for yourself www.google.com/chrome.