Monday, June 23, 2008
A post about Saturday

Time flies when you're having fun, it's already Monday, and I'm here to talk about Saturday. Having caught Get Smart with Miki, Mervin, Richard, Cherie and Yiwen in an outing which gave me a sense of deja vu, (although it wasn't as bad), I'm finally about done with this one movie a week marathon which started with Made of Honour on the 18th of May. Lol, that's more than a month ago.. anyway I thought the show was quite nice in the end. Initially I was thinking it was funny, but not quite there... until past the half way mark where *spoiler* Mr. President was reading to a bunch of kids. Heh, sorry but I just have a thing for such references =D

Anyhow everyone leaving pretty fast after that also turned out to be a good thing since I just (like not a second too late to catch the last shuttle bus) managed to catch Hydosapiens, the closing act for the Singapore Arts Festival at Bedok Reservoir. Hah, I was quite sore that I missed the opening act because I got the time wrong, so when I chanced across the banner for it while at the reservoir on Friday, I knew I had to catch it. Plus, it was near my house too!

Alas, it was a bit too arty for me and I couldn't catch some parts, in particular one that was related to the ending.. like this....thing?

(sigh.. my phone died so gotta use someone else's photo.. Source: Flickr Album)

And so I was left to play the guessing game which was quite fun actually haha, and I spent the rest of the trip home pondering the age old question, "What is Art?"

15 minutes later, I ended up with another tonne of questions instead and still no answer.. but hey, my brain's been rusting.. I can tell you about det cords, deltas, and double positive charges though. =P

Oh, and I have to say that I was amazed at the number of people who turned up.

(Before my phone died)
Looked like it was National Day.. But like the national day parade, there were crying babies and people who were just there to see the fireworks (not that there were much anyway).. Sigh, makes me wonder whether bringing the arts to the heartlands actually introduces more people to the arts or just highlights the not so nice side of the Singaporean. But then that would depend on what art is in the first place and it's purpose.. which is another question altogether.

In other news, I just got my photocard license an hour ago! Yay, that's the last fullstop to my L-plate days at last! 365 days. That's exactly how long between the day I passed my BTT and the day I passed my Practical. Lol.