Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Holiday Bumper Post.. actually it's just procrastination backlog

I've got a really bad habit - I can't seem to maintain this blog properly. And it's not as if I don't like blogging cause on the contrary, I usually feel quite happy after completing a decent post, but yet I just can't seem to get myself started. Haiz. Maybe it's about time to set things straight again, just found out I'll be enlisting in 3 weeks so there's probably not much more there is to blog about from now till then. Also there've been many exciting events which have come and gone which I've been keeping a mental note to blog but haven't found the time or energy to get down to it. Hmm.. Let's see, there was prom, class chalet, ice skating outing, settlers outing, driving everyday for the last week leading up to the driving test which I screwed up and failed, and my first visit to the blood bank haha.

Ok, it's going to be a long post so I'll try to keep things as short as possible. I think I'll start with driving which I blame for this long hiatus (I hate this word but somehow it seems nice to use here). Haha, it really sux to have driving lessons scheduled everyday when you only know you have it but you don't know the exact timing. Every day I hope that the next one won't clash with anything else and amazingly.. it didn't! But the weird timings and getting scolded everyday was really kinda irritating though.. And in the end I still failed my driving test. Quite badly I believe: 28 points, but half of it came from ONE single error.

At first I thought I could overtake the bus when it stopped at the bus stop, then I realised there was oncoming traffic and decided to stop, but too late liao, kena 8+6 points for not giving enough distance and following it too closely. Sigh life sux and my instructor had to rub it in and tell me "那么好的tester你都pass不了” zz, ok lah, maybe I complain too much about him, but he's certainly not the most encouraging person around.

Haha, I was really quite disappointed to tell the truth. I got that feeling that it would be better if I cried, but I couldn't find any tears. Oh well, I really wanted to get over and done with it ASAP cause I don't want my NS life to be disrupted by this kind of nonsense. Well, after the test I tried to go to the library and get some peace and quiet and joy, it was closed<>.<>But to cut a long story short, I discovered a skate park nearby which I shall try someday and found 5 comic books when the library opened later! Spent 1 hour reading one of them and lol, that really helped I must say haha.

SPF Talk

I forgot to mention this in the intro but this turned out to be pretty cool so here it is. The talk was ok, food was so~so and I didn't do much interaction with the police officers there either, probably cause I didn't know much about it anyway so just stood there and listened. But the programme was memorable alright, got to see members of STAR, SOC, PCG, K-9 unit, and some vip protection squad or something like that in their full uniform! Haha, the first 3 were so heavily armed with masks and all and looking all powerful, the K-9 (canine) unit wasn't big on arms naturally, but it had a cute and active dog which maybe wasn't used to all that attention hah. But the last one was the best: A guy in a business suit! The contrast was so powerful, everyone couldn't help but let out a laugh heh.. But he's professional indeed, manage to keep a straight face and ignore our reactions all the way. Really pei fu man. Also got to see some of their equipment and their new taser toy. Seriously cool stuff sia, and in line with being the "nerds" that we are, everyone was fascinated by how the taser worked and you could hear people talking about it even after the demo was over..

Class outings

Either energy prices have really rocketed, or Fuji Ice Palace is trying to reduce it's carbon footprint. Went ice skating the other day and I've never seen the rink wetter than that day, and then there were pesky little kids using that metal support frame to splash water everywhere.. It was so unsatisfying that I'm hoping the class outing to ECP this thursday at noon will hopefully help make up for it haha. People better not pangseh like that settler's outing.. I heard we lost 3 people at one shot. But fortunately it was still quite fun though.. =D

Class chalet

Ah this is a weird one. Thnx to Cherie and her aunt we managed to get a nice chalet at NSRCC after all. Oh, also must thank Richard and his mum, and wen hao and his aunt for checking us in and out respectively. It wasn't too bad, learnt how to play mahjong...kk, I shall finally admit, I'm slow, but come on, not that slow lah.. =P So we played alot of mahjong, and Wen Hao introduced that "umchi umchi" that we learnt from Perak which kept people awake on the first nite... lol.

Oh, and er.. sad to say WL's PS3 died after erm.. I (supposedly, cause I deny it) fouled Shi Jun in PES 08.. The thing just hung..with the spectators booing I think.. ah paiseh.. =\ Still on the whole the whole chalet still seemed kinda weird.. maybe it was cause of the rain, so everyone was trapped in doors save for that basketball game; Somehow it seemed to be lacking in something, despite everything running pretty smoothly and there being plenty of stuff to play with..

Hm.. they gave out prezzies to the Sep-Dec babies too! And JW got a nice super soaker haha, wonder what they were thinking.. Fortunately it was already late and er.. there was generally world peace yea. The BBQ wasn't too bad either, although the food at the pot luck was nicer IMO, (mutu's hokkien mee just pwnz all lah haha) But I learn a few things from it anyway:
1. Never block the light. 'nuff said.
2. Er.. Hog the fire and you get flammed. Heh. Prawns anyone? =P
3. Fanning the fire works wonders. Especially when you have an electric fan.
4. When you fan the fire, heat from charcoal fire hot enough to make charcoal tongs glow red hot. Yep, hot enough to make match sticks (not just the more flammable head), spontaneously combust. =D

Ah, sadly we got scammed(fine, not politically correct but I'm too tired to think of another word) too. Didn't check the place thoroughly enough when we went there and then they blame the loss of 2 wooden coasters on us. Bah. The guy showed us, and counted, the cutlery and all lorh, so I think that made us kinda more trusting that everything else was in order.. Arr..

Prom!

Yesh, this was goood! Haha, Swissotel Raffles Ballroom really quite a nice place. I mean, how bad can it get when even SAFOS and I heard Air Force go there for Tea Session? Ok, actually that's not really the point, but when your sec 4 grad was at orchard hotel (fine, PSC tea session was there, so maybe you can't judge a venue by who's been there..) you tend to appreciate such stuff. It was quite fun actually, everyone looked so different, and took quite a lot of photos yay! Er.. oh yea, sorry people who took photos with me, if the photo's not on FB, can please send me? heh thnx in advance =D

Haha, it was really quite fun to see everyone looking so different. Some super formal, some semi formal and of course as usual there's the smart casual. Lol, and my friends, well, the brudderhood went funky smart casual bling bling then my class went superformal.. haha but generally everyone was looking good. Lol, and I went MIB in the end haha, thnx nan and vaish for the suggestion and shopping company!

But appearances aside, the show was soso lah, didn't know the various contestants for the various titles, so not very fun. The emcee was to be pitied at first for having to deal with a not very enthusiastic audience and after that tried too hard and became irritating. Somewhere along the way he tried a racist joke and got boo-ed like crap.. which actually proved entertaining and was quite nice to know that people aren't taking racial harmony foregranted =) But must still give him credit for being able to recover relatively unscathed though.. Fortunately the other show items like the performances weren't too bad, no noisy bands where you can only hear the drummer.. and our table won bingo! Haha, I just happily walked back from taking photos with chin heng and royston and found out we won.. lol so fun XD So we won borders vouchers, 15 dollars each I think, but strangely 2 cards were missing<>.<>

After prom was naturally post prom, which turned out to be pretty sad. It was quite haphazard.. people decided not to go in the end zzz... and surprisingly some other people turned up in the end haha not bad.. =P But still, we didn't quite plan for a place to go so wandered around suntec and marina trying to find a place to get a drink at midnight. And the stupid concierge bluff me that the "New Hong Kong Cafe" at Marina was open.. bah.. In the end we stopped by 7-11 and then went to sit outside starbucks.. Haiz, wasn't exactly the best way to spend post prom but it certainly beat going home straight though..

And finally, I've finished updating my life for the past 2 weeks. Haha, spamming so many activities at one go makes me feel like my hols has been pretty exciting yay! And since the festive season's around the corner, Selamat Hari Raya Haji, Merry X'mas and Happy New Year!! Whee! Ok, don't forget there's class outing this Thursday at ECP. Meet at noon at Bedok MRT and don't be late hor.. I'll make it a point not to be! O=)