Monday, October 13, 2008
Goodbye RJ

Ok.. So the rumours were there before, but baseless they were back then that it seemed highly improbable. Or at least not so fast. But alas, RI and RJ are merging. Lol, notice no there's no RG in that line because "...Sometimes girls tend to be a bit diffident when there are boys around." - Justice Judith Prakash. No offense but I just found that line to be rather amusing.

Anyway, Bob Koh's gone, he's been promoted. RJ principal will take over with 6 deputies and the name of the merged school will be Raffles Institution. Hm. I'm too tired and bogged down with other concerns to wonder if this is a good thing though my first reaction is that it seems like it'll be a bit too big and complex to manage effectively. They may share the same name but their cultures were different, quite different. Ah well, hopefully time will prove me wrong. I may have left and there may have been things I wasn't happy about but that school will always occupy a place in my heart.

Oh well, good or bad, here's the article. You decide. Auspicium Melioris Aevi.

Source: "RI, RJC to merge" - The Straits Times, Oct 13 2008, Monday.