Saturday, December 23, 2006
Flowers

Went to see the 2 flower shows available this week - one real one reel. Ok, pun there but yea, the first one's the Singapore Garden Festival at Suntec City. It was spread over 2 halls with one being the different gardens and the other one some orchid competition cum gardening bazaar cum let's-change-our-garden-city-to-a-city-in-a-garden exhibit and other miscellaneous stuff like flower arrangement competitions as well.


There were a couple of entries from RI (kids) as well, but the only name I recognised was Paul Tern's. I mean with a screwed up campaign theme of "Vote for Paul, he's on the ball" and having posters that come with styrofoam balls that got ripped off in a week, it's kinda hard to forget. Heard he's now the head boy or something<>.<>... Anywyay they didn't win any prizes, but the real shocking ones were those from the pri sch category. One of the top 3 positions went to a pri 1 student. Slightly unbelievable though, it's like pri 1?!?!?! omg... But haha, maybe that's what they call zai.


The garden exhibits which were mainly the result of an international competition were much nicer though. Perhaps cause it's easier to appreciate than just one pot of flower or worse still, a lone orchid. Also tried taking photos with my new N73 which hung 3 times and the half full batt died after 60 odd photos. Oh well. Don't really know what to make of the phone, maybe can't push it too hard or gotta "season" it and the batt first. But least the quality's not too bad.


Here's one that I liked. The stuff that looks like the sun's rays where actually just something like the shiny thing you wrap around x'mas trees, but in this case it's not made out of plastic or foil. Didn't realise it at all until I looked at the photo so er... 以外的收获 lah.. heh.


Exhibits wise the one by Far East Flora was one of the best. It was this dome thingy which was addressing global warming by telling the story of a girl finding a home for her ferns in the new screwed up climate. Haha, shouldn't miss it if you go.. can read more about it in this picture if you're interested.

Bah screw it. I think I'm sounding like someone... nvm, shall stop here till I can blog properly agian.