Saturday, November 11, 2006
Random post

I wasn't really intending to have this post, but well the thought suddenly struck me so I'll just write it down anyway. Haha, it wasn't that random a thought really, but no prizes for guessing what I was thinking about....

But anyways, isn't it strange that we can cover our eyes, pinch our noses, close our mouth, withdraw our hands so that we can avoid our senses from detecting things we don't want to, but we just can't effectively do so with our ears?

(and here's where the crapping starts to come in...)

From an evolutionary point of view, perhaps it's kind of like a tool for survival considering that soundwaves don't just travel in a straight line.

From a religious/philosophical point of view, perhaps it's just so that we can listen all of the time.

Well, whatever it is, I'm thankful for it, but sometimes... sometimes I wish I could listen selectively, cause regardless of intention, words once spoken always have an impact.