Monday, August 21, 2006
A well known school in the Bishan-Ang Mo Kio area

Over the past year or so, we've heard that phrase many times before, ranging from "Tau Pok" to middle finger pointing teachers, swimming coaches (supposedly) and more recently, in fact just 2 days ago, condoms. So what is it about that well known school in the Bishan-Ang Mo Kio area whose name cannot be disclosed?

Well, as a student of the well known school in the Bishan-Ang Mo Kio area as well as the one which it originally was referred to, I can't help wonder, "What's wrong with all these people?!"

In case anyone out there is wondering how obvious could the above mentioned description be, I would like to give a few examples that I've come across in the newspapers and other public platforms all the while, starting with the mildest.

1. Well known boys school in the Bishan-Ang Mo Kio area
2. Top/Prestigious school in the Bishan/Ang Mo Kio area
3. Top/Prestigious all boys school or junior college in the Bishan/Ang Mo Kio area
4. Top/Prestigious boys school in the Bishan/Ang Mo Kio area which teaches Character and Leadership Education
5. Top/Prestigious boys school in the Bishan/Ang Mo Kio area with a swimming pool

Tell me please, which person who is at least slightly savvy would not know which school(s) are being referred to above. To those who have written in this manner, my message is, if you're so damn adamant about your case then go ahead, complain, but for goodness sake and in all fairness to the 3 schools in the Bishan- Ang Mo Kio area, do specify which one so that the school at the receiving end can have a chance to defend itself.

Giving such vivid descriptions but failing to mention the school's name is but a cowardly way of hurling an accusation with an escape plan from rebuttals along the lines of "I never said it's you what. Guilty is it?"

Well then, that aside, let's get down to what got me started on this post, the condom issue. On second thoughts, I think I'll not comment given that the guy might just be one hell of an idiot. But if you're interested, the source can be found here: Condoms not allowed in school.For the full thread, please visit the STOMP forum at this link