Monday, May 01, 2006
2 long weeks

It's been some time since I last updated this place. 2 weeks to be precise. 2 busy weeks actually, and it's still not quite over but least I'm feeling somewhat better today.


Waking from my stupor a gentle breeze blows,
Looking around the sky seems clear.
Still I see not what lays ahead,
But no answers'll come if I stay and wait;
Sails raised I'll drift with the wind,
Into the horizon to see what time will bring.

"The best love song is written with a broken heart" - The Carpenters
I say: "The best poem is written with a solemn heart"

haha, guess you can tell that from the quality of the poem.. Oh well, but least it sorts of brings partial closure to that period of uncertainty.... Not to say it's gone completely, but at least I found myself a direction of which I'm certain can't be too wrong.

Well now with a load of my back, the week started with the rush to finish the last bit of our GP performance task video which turned out to be pretty hilarious and fortunately, the teacher liked it. lol.. Feel a bit bad actually, cause well, I didn't quite put in as much work as those people like Ruth and Sabby who did the editing and went down to NUS to film... >.<>Oh wells, I guess you don't need the whole group down all the time so...... XS

heh... Also managed to squeeze myself into a group of NCC sea cadets from Serangoon Secondary for my 2 Star assessment. It wasn't a squeeze actually, cause out of the initial 30 that were supposed to turn up, only 18 of them did... lol...

I got there slightly late that day and was initially quite happy to see the councillors who were in the area as part of their council camp. It's the feeling you get when you're going to be with a group of strangers, but yet people you know are but a stones throw away. But the feeling soon faded when they started doing house cheers, in particular the Hadley-Hullett Hur Hur Har Hee one... At the point in time I was hoping that no one would realise that I was wearing the same shirt as those people out there... To make it worse, it was when the instructor was trying to give the group I was in a theory session...<>.< (@HH councilors: "I'm one but not alone" so take the hint and get a better cheer........)

Fortunately that didn't last too long and we went into the water for our expedition soon after anyway. Got burnt quite bad in the process: pretty much became the colour of my house... no not purple, black lah.. lol >.< (not funny) but oh well, least I finally completed (and passed) my 2 star course after nearly a month of delays...yay!~ -_-

The second week was more stressful though. Don't really feel like blogging bout it but just as a note I shall anyway =)

Oh.. I nearly forgot, there was NAPFA where I set new personal bests in all stations... lol... 2.4 was the best, improved by 1 min and 37 seconds to clock a C grade at 11:23... lol.. I shall perservere!! Next was chin ups where I did 4 more than last year's. Standing Broad Jump was a disappointment on the first test date though. Fell short of the C grade by a lot cause my abs were hurting after sit ups. But lucky retest I did 240...whee... lol... The rest got improvements too but I think that's enough liao...heh, before some people start calling me ego... XD

Ok, back to the parts I didn't quite want to blog about: Chem SPA.. First real SPA in my life and well, was miraculously easy. I think the whole class, no whole level will probably get about lvl 7 or 8 unless there was a screw up or something.

After that, the week was actually starting to look good until....Friday's english essay test. Screwed that one up. Had the points but didn't flow properly.. Luckily it's supposedly not graded (Graded = marked and counted into CA btw)

Well, that brings me to this long weekend where I feel much more refreshed after slacking around and letting my mind sort itself out, amazing what sleep can do for you. haha, still feeling something nagging in the corner but well, time should hopefully fix that. In the meantime, shall go play a bit of Pokemon Fire Red to 回想当年。。。lol..

EDIT: The original post was somewhat better but thnx to our dear blogspot, chunks kept getting removed because they mistook the<>.<>emoticons<>.<>as part of the html code and removed it.... do I not love blogspot.....