Sunday, February 26, 2006
Burnt...

haiz.. got the worst sunburn in the last 2-3 years yesterday from a 1 star kayaking course at kallang, and the weather wasn't even that hot yesterday. The course was from abt 8.30 to 5 or something like that, of which we spent an hour eating and about another just trying to get away from the dragon boat competition, the national team training and those damned fishing lines... Nearly got caught in 2 of them.. but luckily managed to see them and dive under before anything much could happen.

So yah, it was quite an insightful course and I can finally kayak reasonably enough so that I could sit back and relax on the kayak while we go cruise around finding a sheltered area to practicethe strokes.... until the instructor comes close that is, then gotta faster sit straight and siam, cause he keep splashing water at ppl. Some guy got damn wet cause he kept getting caught leaning back while kayaking.

I myself kena-ed toward the end of the day for 'rafting up' when we were supposed to be practicing the classical version of the j draw (strokes to move ur kayak to the side). But I feel so yuan wang.. I just 'happened to be beside another guy who was stationary' come on, we weren't even holding on to each other's kayaks.. and I was the only one to kena the water..haiz. Then he still anyhow say I bully xiang ying... I only asked if I could splash water at her.. =(